I Found FABRICATIONS!

People, I am SO excited!

For the first time in almost forever, I was in Ottawa today with a little time to spare. (When does that happen, right?) So I opened Maps on my phone ━ no, not while I was driving (sheesh!) ━ searched for Fabrications, and set off for heaven. And I found it!


Fabrications is an open sewing studio, stocked with high-quality sewing machines and tools, and a carefully curated selection of notions, fabric, and patterns. In other words, HEAVEN. 😃

Meet owner Faustina Konkal.


And just check out the garment FASHION FABRICS behind her! The variety and quality was perfect. Faustina was lovely, kindly smiling at my breathless enthusiasm as I ran off at the mouth with excitement. I mean, c'mon ━  I literally found all of my favorite things in one place!


Just look at that wall of cottons! As a smocker, I seriously had to work to keep from gathering up that rainbow of color. And, as a quilter ━ oh my. Just pinch me. And I'm only getting started! A right turn, and... LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!




Closet Case Patterns. Grainline Studio. Cashmerette. True Bias. Tilly and the Buttons. Colette. Made by Rae. Deer and Doe. Named Clothing. Friday Pattern Company. Merchant & Mills. All in one place. PINCH ME! Do not laugh, but I found myself stroking the pattern envelopes.

If I hadn't had to get to the office (I *do* have a day job, after all...), I think I would have set to work at one of the cutting tables or pulled up a chair at one of the machines, and lost myself in the pure joy of it. 


Fabrications has all the things.




And now, Fabrications has me. 💜



1018 Wellington Street West, Ottawa, ON
www.fabricationsottawa.com



Christina

P.S. I almost forgot something I wanted to share with you that just melted my heart. While I was at Fabrications, an older gentleman came into the store. He explained to Faustina that his young daughter-in-law had just begun taking sewing lessons, and he wanted to buy her a book about sewing to encourage her. How sweet is that?! 

P.P.S Check out my haul! I'm happy dancing. :)


Comments

Popular Posts