Did Someone Say "Romper"?

With two wee granddaughters − Olivia, who just started walking, and Lauryn, who is poised to start walking any day now − you'd think that I spend all my spare time smocking dresses. When you're learning to walk, however, dress skirts get caught up under knees and feet and, quite simply, just complicate things. Enter ... rompers! The perfect garment for walking, playing, and even sleeping.

For Canada Day on July 1, Lauryn's mom asked for a red and white Canada Day romper and I was happy to oblige! This is what I came up with:

You'll have to trust me that she looked absolutely darling wearing it! 

Right after Canada Day, we headed south to Olivia's to help celebrate her first birthday. There was no way I was going to arrive empty-handed! I always have smocked inserts on hand, so I whipped up a romper for Livie as well:

Please excuse the wrinkles. I had packed the romper in my suitcase, and I was too excited to see if it fit to take the time to press it! (I made a third little bow, and stitched it to a barrette so she'd have a matching bow for her hair. It was too cute!)

Here is a close-up of the embroidery, which I have to say is some of my favorite to date.

And because the theme of Livie's birthday party was "She's one in a melon!", she had to have green bling shorts to go with the watermelon theme... Gran to the rescue! I loved making these shorts, although I think Livie's parents will be finding green sequins in the carpet for months to come. 😂
That's pretty much the extent of my 'Gran' sewing of late; I just finished my first Grainline Studio Archer Shirt, and in my next blog post, I'll share my experience making it! 

Christina


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts